IS Business Systems Manager
Assisting ABFI businesses to run effective project and change activities that deliver business benefit from IT Business Systems and their integration with the wider IT landscape. Also ensures that the management of existing systems is such that they are well managed, supported and continuously developed and exploited.
- Ensure that the systems in use across the businesses are well governed to ensure availability, alignment to business needs and can demonstrate the appropriate levels of security
- Build and maintain quality relationships across the functions of international businesses, the ABF IT Shared Service Centre, and external partners in order to deliver the required business outcomes from the use of systems in place across the ABFI organisation.
- Maintain alignment to organisational strategy so as to develop/maintain roadmaps to keep business system assets aligned to requirements, secure, maintained and supported.
- Provide input to systems and financial audits and own resulting actions to resolution
- Where required act as Project Manager for the implementation of systems/changes/improvements.
- Ensure security vulnerabilities are identified and remediated promptly
- Own the change process for the implementation of functionality , improvements and fixes to the business systems landscape and ensure processes are followed and the necessary management reporting available for review
- Manage relationships with any third party suppliers engaged to facilitate the delivery or support of ERP/Business systems and ensure delivery against defined performance metrics where necessary.
- Ensure the budget for systems maintenance is well managed. Look for opportunity for cost optimisation.
- Manage projects to time, cost, and quality. Make use of appropriate project management methodology to ensure change and delivery is controlled as necessary.
- Act as subject matter expert for MS Dynamics/365, be an evangelist and advocate for using automation to improve business processes and drive simplification. Partner with business units as necessary to enhance the value from our investments in systems to bring measurable business benefit
- Manage the risk of unavailability of services by ensuring that Disaster Recovery and Business continuity planning are considered as part of implementation and change, and that constant review and testing takes place to ensure solutions are effective and meet requirements.
- Manage security incidents and breaches to ensure any impact is contained and relevant information obtained to facilitate analysis and improvement plans.
- Maintain a level of compliance appropriate to our organisational level of risk acceptance. Demonstrate to stakeholders that appropriate controls are in place and own/create actions plans to manage improvement or change where necessary.
- Where necessary ensure that processes are documented and communicated in language that is relevant and understandable to all audiences.
- Ensure the services and suppliers which ABF Ingredients use are challenged commercially to deliver the best cost/risk model.
- Ensure solutions are well documented and this is kept up to date
- Any other duties relating to the remit of a role of this standing as required by the needs of the business.
- Visit remote sites as and when required within the context of the role.
Skills & Behaviours needed
- A passion for obtaining value from Business/ERP solutions
- Experience of delivering ERP projects
- A base technical IT knowledge gained in a variety of support/admin/analyst roles
- A knowledge of business systems architecture and development life cycles
- Communicate with and engage stakeholders so they understand progress
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to defuse situations and resolve conflict to a win-win outcome
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly when engaging and dealing with customers and third parties. Is genuinely interested in people and actively listens and communicates technical subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences, flex’s style and delivery approach to suit the needs of the audience
- Lead, motivate and deliver through others
- Significant demonstrable experience of managing the systems lifecycle for ERP solutions
- Is competent with Project Management principles and can reference examples of successes/learning
- Has delivered positive outcomes which have improved the use or effectiveness of Business systems
- Has a passion for engagement with business and has good self-awareness of how to deliver success collaboratively
- Experience and passion for the MS 365/Dynamics environment with referenceable experience of exploiting and delivering business benefit
- Relevant Microsoft AX, Dynamics, 365 qualification or study evidence – Desirable
- Degree level education, ideally in an IT, Science or Business-related subject
- ITIL Awareness / Foundation level.
ABF Ingredients (ABFI) is a division of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food/ingredients processing and retail group with sales of £15.6bn and over 137,000 employees in 50 countries. Companies owned by ABF include well-known brands such as Primark, Twinings, British Sugar (Silver Spoon), Jordans Ryvita, Allied Bakeries (Kingsmill), AB World Foods (Blue Dragon, Pataks and Reggae Reggae sauces), as well as a large number of specialised B2B businesses.
The ABF Ingredients division comprises of a range of companies, processing and supplying ingredients to a wide range of food and beverage applications as well as to some speciality areas in the pharmaceutical and personal care sectors. The last few years have seen a strong growth in performance and ABF Ingredients has become a crucial part of ABF’s portfolio. The CEO, Fabienne Saadane-Oaks, is committed to continuing this momentum with a stated focus on delivering top-line growth.
The five businesses that form part of ABFI are:
- AB Enzymes is headquartered in Germany (Darmstadt), and is one of the world’s oldest Enzyme companies. They develop, produce and market enzymes for food, animal feed, textile and pulp and paper applications and are a world leader in this field.
- ABITEC, headquartered in the USA (Columbus, Ohio), produces specialty lipids and specialty chemicals for the food, pharmaceutical and personal care markets.
- Ohly offers a wide range of products such as yeast extracts, inactive dry yeast, special vitamin yeast, medical yeast culinary powders and starter cultures. It has operations in Germany and US; Headquarters in Hamburg Germany.
- PGP International is a leading supplier of grain based extruded ingredients and rice flours and is headquartered in the USA (Woodland, California).
- SPI Pharma based in the USA (Wilmington, Delaware) is a global leader in the pharmaceutical market serving over 55 countries with formulation innovation, technical assistance, and troubleshooting support.
Operating autonomously under their own identities, the businesses share similar principles – they are focused on building very strong relations with their customers and aim to best in their field by pursuing growth through innovation, product development and acquisition.