Strategy Analyst – paid internship (3 to 6 months)
Do you want to be part of some of the key Health, Nutrition and Pharma Ingredients markets and technologies, you want to experience the everyday life of a corporate strategy department in an English-speaking environment in Paris?
You will report directly to our Strategy and Business Development Director (former Bain & Co consultant)
You'll contribute your creativity and great ideas; we will give you hands-on projects and the chance to make an immediate impact. Some of the tasks you could have as an Intern with our Strategy and Business Development Team include:
- Perform Markets and Technologies analysis (Desk research and expert calls)
- Support Due diligence analysis
- Help prepare presentations for senior management
- Analyse Industry and Competitors results
ABF Ingredients is growing its strategy team, so a great performance from your end could lead to a permanent position within our team. This will also give you an entry point into ABF Group which is a FTSE 30 company with more than £15b in revenue with activities in Retail (Primark), Grocery (Twinings, Jordan’s, Dorset, Ryvita), Animal Nutrition, Sugar.
As we will give you exposure to both organic strategy and external growth strategy viewed from an industrial corporate angle, you will be able to value that for future career in strategy consulting or as part of a corporate strategy team in an industrial setting.
Candidate profile desired
- Top engineering (X, Mines, Centrales) or Business School (HEC, ESSEC, ESCP) or BioTech/Food/Pharma engineers
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communicator
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Very good at Excel and PowerPoint
ABF Ingredients (ABFI) is a division of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food/ingredients processing and retail group with sales of £15.6bn and over 137,000 employees in 50 countries. Companies owned by ABF include well-known brands such as Primark, Twinings, British Sugar (Silver Spoon), Jordans Ryvita, Allied Bakeries (Kingsmill), AB World Foods (Blue Dragon, Pataks and Reggae Reggae sauces), as well as a large number of specialised B2B businesses.
The ABF Ingredients division comprises of a range of companies, processing and supplying ingredients to a wide range of food and beverage applications as well as to some speciality areas in the pharmaceutical and personal care sectors. The last few years have seen a strong growth in performance and ABF Ingredients has become a crucial part of ABF’s portfolio. The CEO, Fabienne Saadane-Oaks, is committed to continuing this momentum with a stated focus on delivering top-line growth.
The five business units that make up ABFI are:
- AB Enzymes is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany and is one of the world’s oldest Enzyme companies. They develop, produce and market enzymes for food, animal feed, textile and pulp and paper applications and are a world leader in this field.
- ABITEC, headquartered in the Columbus, Ohio, USA, produces specialty lipids and specialty chemicals for the food, pharmaceutical and personal care markets.
- Ohly offers a wide range of products such as yeast extracts, inactive dry yeast, special vitamin yeast, medical yeast speciality powders and starter cultures. It has operations in Germany and US; Headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
- PGP International is a leading supplier of grain based extruded ingredients and is headquartered in the California, USA.
- SPI Pharma based in the Wilmington, Delaware, USA is a global leader in the pharmaceutical market serving over 55 countries with formulation innovation, technical assistance, and troubleshooting support.
Operating autonomously under their own identities, the businesses share similar principles – they are focused on building very strong relations with their customers and aim to best in their field by pursuing growth through innovation, product development and acquisition.
This is an exciting time to join ABF Ingredients with its focus on prioritising both organic and inorganic growth and with the strategy and business development team being core to delivering this vision. To drive and support their aggressive growth plans, ABFI is looking for a strategy intern for the Strategy and Business Development team.