Research and Development Manager
We have an amazing opportunity for an R&D Manager to join our team operating from Vendres, France.
Who are we?
Fytexia Group is a life science company that specializes in the development of scientifically supported active ingredients for dietary supplements.
Fytexia Group’s mission is to reduce risk factors for non-communicable diseases and mild infections by offering innovative nutritional supplements inspired by recognized public health food practices and supported by scientific research. The ingredients developed by Fytexia Group enter the formulas of the most advanced dietary supplements to improve the health and well-being of consumers.
Operating from Vendres, France and Corbetta, Italy, the company trades in an international B2B environment and sells its ingredients in over 40 countries worldwide, with sales offices in Europe, USA, and Malaysia.
Fytexia Group belongs to ABF Ingredients, the ingredients division of Associated British Foods, a diversified international food, ingredients, and retail group with 128,000 employees. The Group values respect for people, integrity, collaboration and rigor.
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Business Director, you are in charge of the development of new health ingredients. To achieve your objectives, focused on developing our product ranges in line with the customers’ expectations, you will manage a team of two people.
Your main missions are to:
- Coordinate the smooth running of product R&D projects
- Manage the Product Development Project Supervisor
- Ensure the coordination of clinical developments with the central scientific department
- Provide scientific, technical and regulatory support to the sales and marketing teams to drive innovation and build the project pipeline
- Manage the Quality aspects by supervising the Quality Control Manager
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate should have:
- MSc or PhD with specialization in Life Sciences
- 4 years of experience as an R&D project manager
- Knowledge of natural products and understanding of the nutraceutical field
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in an international company would be a real plus
- Team spirit, dynamism and open-mindedness
- Interpersonal skills, curiosity
- Interest in management - managerial experience not required
- Strong organizational skills, rigor
- Fluency in professional scientific English
- Capacity to travel up to 25% of time