With its dedicated pharmaceutical facilities and commitment to high quality standards, SPI Pharma works with its customers to produce cost effective, high quality pharmaceutical and nutritional excipient products.
SPI Pharma’s expertise extends to customers a large variety of excipients within active pharmaceutical ingredient (API's) quality standards. SPI Pharma’s highly functioning excipient products can meet a wide range of customer needs for oral dosage formulations. Everything from chewable or swallow tablets to soft gel and orally disintegrating tablets, SPI Pharma has the suitable excipient for any application.
SPI Pharma’s excipient products include sweeteners, binders, and lubricants- a few are highlighted below. For the full list, please visit the SPI Pharma website.
- Effer-Soda® is a powder used as a surface protectant for sodium carbonate and prevents premature effervescence of either a tablet or powder when exposed to any amount of moisture.
- Lubripharm® SSF is a sodium stearyl fumarate lubricant that allows for a sturdier tablet or capsule that has lower sensitivity to overblending and much lower disintegration times.
- Mannogem® Mannitol comes in different grades which are used as an excipient in many different oral dosage forms. Its low hygroscopicity and chemical stability make it a more appealing formulation binder.
- Sorbitol Special® comes in a few different plasticizer grades and aims to provide a longer shelf life to soft gelatin capsules by protecting them from leaking.
Drug Delivery Systems
SPI Pharma can offer a wide range of fully functioning technologies to help customers solve their formulation challenges. Their unique orally dispersible and soft melt formulation technologies are cutting edge and innovative, and can be used with standard manufacturing equipment.
SPI Pharma offers 3 delivery systems:
- Pharmaburst® 500 is an ideal system for orally disintegrating tablets. Using this advanced technology, customers can expect stronger, more robust tablets with excellent organoleptics and disintegration time through an easy development process.
- Pharmasperse® 416 technology provides outstanding organoleptics and enhanced functionality for orally dispersible powder formulations. Customers using Pharmasperse 416 will see consistency in both fill weight and drug distribution in each batch due to its uniform particle size and superior flow capability.
- Advantol® 300 will help to solve any soft chew or quick melt solid dosage tablet formulation challenges. Because it is an excipient system, Advantol is highly compactable and allows for tablets that will have a faster disintegration rate with an overall better mouthfeel.
SPI Pharma’s advanced technologies create an easier manufacturing process by simply dry blending the active together with one of the products listed above and continuing with the standard manufacturing process.