ABF Ingredients develops, produces and markets Specialty Ingredients for the Food, Health and Nutrition, Pharmaceutical and Animal Health sectors, as well as for a variety of other industrial applications.
ABF Ingredients is a family of seven Specialty Ingredients businesses within the Associated British Foods group.
Each business brings together leading experts in their own fields, who are empowered to serve their customers with innovation, agility and value. Together we are greater than the sum of our parts, with a common set of values, central support and a coordinated business strategy.
Our innovative ingredients are widely used in the food, health and nutrition, pharmaceutical, animal health and other industrial sectors. They deliver key functionality like taste, texture and efficiency to products we use every day, as well as providing natural, healthy and sustainable solutions to meet changing consumer demands.
- Our functional lipids are used in dietary supplements to improve nutrient absorption.
- Our yeast extracts provide flavour in snacks, soups and meat-replacement products.
- Our extruded products provide protein and texture to cereals and energy bars.
- Our polyphenol-based compounds are scientifically proven to deliver benefits when used in dietary supplements.
- Our enzymes can help keep bread fresher for longer, improve detergents so we can wash at lower temperatures or make paper and textile manufacturing more energy efficient.
- Our excipients make tablets more pleasant and easier for patients to carry, store and take.
- Our microbiome modulating ingredients are used in dietary supplements to support digestive health, joints and immune function.
We serve a range of customers globally, from large multinationals to small and medium enterprises, often operating in highly regulated industries where safety and quality are paramount. We’re committed to creating a consistent, compliant and controlled supply chain, end to end. That’s why all our companies have the highest level of certifications and quality standards, from ISO to Pharma GMP.
Our people are our key ingredient. Our employees are engaged, empowered and expert. Our customers trust in their technical expertise and come to us as the partner of choice to collaborate in developing superior quality ingredients which help them to deliver unique products for consumers. That’s the key to why we’re different. It’s all about finding out what our customers want and then making sure they get it.